You have already made several attempts to lose weight. Not always with the desired results, but fortunately developments are not standing still. From the medical world, several treatments and medications have been developed in recent years that help with weight reduction.
Treatment methods weight reduction in the Netherlands.
There are several treatment methods for obesity. StopOverweight introduces a new treatment based on weekly medication.
There has been a lot of research in recent years by research departments and universities on the effect of synthetic GLP-1s (Glucagon Like Polypeptide) against obesity to lose weight easily. And with success. In recent years, more and more GLP-1 medicines have come on the market that have proven to be very effective. As a result, surgical procedures such as a gastric balloon are becoming less necessary.
- Combined lifestyle intervention (GLI) programs in the basic package since 2019
- Combined Lifestyle Intervention (GLI) program with cognitive behavioral therapy
- Specialized GLI program only for type 2 diabetes mellitus
- Gastric Sleeve – gastric bypass
- Gastric Bypass – gastric bypass / stomach reduction
- Mini Gastric Bypass – a new variation of the normal gastric bypass
- Liraglutide 3 mg (Saxenda® – injection)
- Naltrexone / Bupropion 8 mg/90 mg (Mysimba® – tablet)
- Semaglutide 2.4 mg (Wegovy® – injection)
- Semaglutide 2.4 mg (injection – for diabetes 2)
- Orlistat 120 mg (Xenical®, Alli®)
- Tirzepatide 15 mg (Mounjaro®) – awaiting EMA approval
- Tablets or capsules that reduce the feeling of hunger and are available at pharmacies or drugstores that are free of prescription.